WE NEED MORE THAN A PENNY IN OUR HATS
There are a number of things to pay attention to in this month of December. Here are a few of them worth paying attention to for yourself or somebody you know:
- Medicare open enrollment period ends on December 7, 2011. If you have elderly relatives or friends check to see if they need to change their prescription plans (Part D), or whether they are now eligible to enroll. The age is 65 unless disabled for a year, then they can enroll before age 65.
- NYS Unemployment extension ended – no extension spoken of as yet, and we are smack in the middle of the holidays. December breaks with no money for millions out of work. Unemployment rate is down to 8%. Really! The Presidential candidates need to be talking about putting Americans back to work instead of worrying about who is going to get Cain’s supporters.
- Hanukkah is December 20.
- December 22 is the first day of winter. Are we in for a white Christmas?
- December 25, Christmas Day (for those who celebrate it) is on a Sunday this year. Perfect!
- December 26 is Kwanza
- December 31 is New Year’s Eve. Isn’t it interesting how New Year’s Eve is almost bigger than New Year’s Day?
Visit my website for more fun stuff. You can get there from her by clicking http://www.milepostsprdouctions.com